tapestry-users mailing list archives

From nquirynen <nat...@pensionarchitects.be>
Subject Re: Tapestry + Hibernate optimistic locking
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:53:34 GMT
Thanks for the example (and JumpStart in general).

You point on doing the commit in onValidate makes sense, so i changed that.

I removed the manual version check as you suggest (which ofcourse makes
sense). So I actually ended up having what I had at the start of making this
mail thread.  So I encountered the same problem again as I had in the
beginning, but now I found that if before committing, if I evict my person
object and then save it, it does work and throws the error.
Apparently setting the version (via e.g. hidden field) only works on
detached objects? If I don't do this, it seems like Hibernate ignores the
value that is set to version. My Hibernate knowledge isn't that great, so
maybe I'm not making any sense :)

So yeah, I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do.