tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us>
Subject Re: T5.3 Component with AJAX Form?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 04:29:58 GMT
http://code.google.com/p/flowlogix/source/browse/tapestry-services/src/main/resources/com/flowlogix/web/mixins/DisableAfterSubmit.js
search for setSubmittingElement

Perhaps you are missing that, if that's not the case, debugging Tap JS code might help

On Apr 30, 2012, at 4:52 PM, Norman Franke wrote:

> I'm trying to make a lookup dialog that lets users lookup accounts by name. It obviously
has a form where the user can enter a partial name. The form has a t:zone and the onSuccess
handler either tries to return the zone or use AjaxResponseRenderer to return the content
of the zone. which has the list of matching accounts.

> My component via javascript automatically clicks a hidden submit button to submit the
form. The form, zone and list are all in the component. It works fine when in a page, but
when this is run as a component I get this error:

> Page must be specified before initializing for partial page render.
> Not very helpful. It appears that the form is not being submitted via AJAX (request.isXHR
is false.) Can one submit a form inside a component via AJAX that updates a zone inside that
component? I can't put the zone outside the component and update the entire thing, since it
messes up the value of the text field.