tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Paul Stanton <p...@mapshed.com.au>
Subject Re: classloader issues casting objects to their tapestry type
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 23:25:12 GMT

On 29/02/2012 12:13 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> No, you're using the t:id (server-side Tapestry component id) to
> retrieve the component, so it may not have its clientId set yet.

Thiago,

If I'm using the server-side tapestry component id, than what I'm doing
is still wrong and might cause issues, since AjaxResponseRenderer
expects *clientId*, block and not *componentId*, block...:

         ClientBodyElement zone = (ClientBodyElement)
getEmbeddedComponent(container, componentId);
         ajaxResponseRenderer.addRender(componentId, zone.getBody()); //
<-- componentId might not match clientId .. ?

So if this is still wrong, is there any way to predict the eventual
clientId of the component/element at this point in the render? Because
otherwise there is no way to create a zone update without injecting the
zone into the component.

Thanks, Paul.