tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Giulio Micali <giulio.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is your tapestry project setup like (build tool/ide)
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:32:47 GMT
Hi,
basically I use maven with the jetty plugin in the pom(for command line
execution) and Eclipse + M2Eclipse plugin, with some addons that works
almost all the time, but causes some troubles (maybe I'm the one that don't
know how to configure them...) :

1) RunJettyRun: after some workarounds (example: put the jetty-env.xml
under WEB-INF) it allows to modify components and pages in a multi-module
project without installing each module everytime, but:

   - the server restarts at each modification instead of using the tapestry
   "runtime reload" feature
   - after some restarts you get the usual PermGen exception, so i should
   remember to stop and start frequently.
   - I don't know why, RunJettyRun (and the Sysdeo tomcat plugin even)
   doesn't manage the maven classpath in the right way: having some frameworks
   (let's say: tapestry, spring, hibernate) with different versions of the
   same dependency (slf4j made me mad) the command-line maven choose the one
   you tells...the M2Eclipse says "Overridden by <version>" or "Managed from
   <version>"in the same right way, but the jetty classpath have BOTH versions
   and goes in strange exceptions.

2) In the last days I'm trying the "Tapestry Tools Plugin" (it's under
development: http://code.google.com/p/tapestrytools/ ), that have a very
usefull feature: Switching from class to template(and reverse) using
CTRL+R, but:

   - I don't know if the project is still developed...i submitted a patch
   for maven integration, but after a month the issue is still there and no
   response even. So you should patch and compile by yourself the plugin.

Hope this can be helpful.