tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Christian Riedel <cr.ml...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [T5.3-rc-2] incompatible with artefacts built against prior versions e.g. 5.1
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:56:42 GMT
It's ok if you have one project and replace Tapestry 5.1 with 5.3. But if you compile your
classes against 5.1 the signature in the .class file is the old one.
Without recompiling the code against 5.3 it will throw the mentioned exception.

There's no conflicting jars in the classpath and there's no custom implementation of ObjectLocator.
It's just a simple class incompatibility, not a compile one.

Am 02.11.2011 um 17:22 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:

> On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:18:12 -0200, Christian Riedel <cr.mlist@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi
>
> Hi!
>
>> Can't you support both methods?
>>
>>    <T> T getService(Class<T> serviceInterface, Class<? extends Annotation>...
markerTypes);
>> and
>>    <T> T getService(Class<T> serviceInterface);
>
> Isn't a getService(SomeClass.class) call valid for T getService(Class<T> serviceInterface,
Class<? extends> Annotation>... markerTypes)? I think so. Don't you have any class
implementing ObjectLocator?