tapestry-users mailing list archives

From sibleygh <george.sib...@bt.com>
Subject Re: Select Model - Adding entries from the form
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:19:49 GMT
Thanks the reply.

The "onValueChanged" event is triggered when the value changes in the
dropdown in the form. This is the standard tapestry event for select model
changes. That bit I understand and have working.

My main issue here is that I want to be able to have the tml <select> text
field be able to accept new text entries from the form dynamically. I can't
see how to do this? The <select> tag doesn't seem to support an unbound list
(e.g. a list that can be added to dynamically from the browser).

I think I just need someone to confirm that this can't be done and that I'll
need to find another solution. I did see a circumvention on another thread
where they inserted a static value into the select model (e.g. "add new
value") and triggered the adding of the data using this. That just seems so
clunky to me though.

Regards

George