tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling form events inside components
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:57:49 GMT
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 08:03:06 -0300, Stephan Windmüller
<stephan.windmueller@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Hi!

Hi!

> I defined a component which consists of several form elements and is
> used inside a form.

HTML doesn't allow nested forms.

> But the component itself does not contain a form. Is it possible to call
> methods during submission of this component without triggering it using
> the outside page? For example, onSuccess is not called in the component
> because it does not contain the form.

Events bubble up (from the origin to its parent and so on until it reaches
the containing page) and just up.
Could you post your component tree? It's a little bit hard to figure it
out from your description . . .

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor