tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 5.2 - Request data shared in different client browser
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:18:05 GMT
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 06:11:59 -0300, Dany <dugt3@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> This works an data don´t blood in requester but at the you have to
> controll in your code. We follow this pattern because our application is
> complex and we have to make component, following 3 layers (with EJB
> (business logic) + hibernate ) and not two like is orientated tapestry.

There's some misunderstanding here. Tapestry doesn't care at all about how
you architect your application. You could write an 1 or an 10 layers with
Tapestry as a front end.

> In this structure at the end we have problems in the comunication between
> components and Pages events + validations as well as data blood as we
> disccuss in this thread.

Your code now avoids the data bleed.

> I am not an expert in tapestry but I think that
> data blood problems will have been controlled by the framework like it
> was controlled  in the version 5.01 or to clarify that the tapestry 5.2
> has
> changed become from a POJO to a tipically in a Servlet.

You could have what you call a data bleed in any Tapestry version if you
initialized a field in its declaration, unless the value is immutable.
A Tapestry class is a POJO, is *not* a servlet nor looks like one. What
Howard said is that 5.2 doesn't use a page pool anymore.
The Tapestry recommendation is that you initialize any fields needed in
render lifecycle events (@SetupRender, @BeginRender), the activate event
or even some component event (like the prepare event of Form).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor