tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Josh Canfield <joshcanfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5.2: Javascript document.getElementById() after zone update
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 04:32:46 GMT
If it's in the zone then the id is probably changing. How are you
determining that its staying the same?

Try using a class instead of id?
On Mar 5, 2011 6:45 PM, "Sérgio Esteves" <sergio.esteves@xpand-it.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At the end of a zone block, I call a JS function which tries to get an
element (that is also inside the zone) by calling
document.getElementById('componentSelectId'). The first time the page loads
and the zone is rendered everything works as it should. Although, when I
update the zone, by changing the value of a select component, the JS gets
executed, but "document.getElementById('componentSelectId')" returns null.
Looking at the page source on the web browser I can see that the element is
there with the very same id. Anybody can tell what is going on here?