tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Rich M <rich...@moremagic.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:13:42 GMT
If you want it to return a String, do something like this. Also,
@SessionState would not be necessary in a class like this. The
@SessionState in your page class(es) will maintain the object for you.

public class User {
     private String user_id;

     public User getUser_id() { return user_id; }
     public void setUser_id(String user_id){ this.user_id = user_id; }
     public void setUser(User user){ this.user_id = user.getUser_id; }

}

If you haven't already done so at login or something along those lines
before a user gets to the page in question, you'll want to do something
like the following (maybe in onActivate rather, but I don't know your
application) otherwise it would make sense that the @SessionState User
user_id is null.

@SetupRender
void initUser(){
     if(user_id == null || user_id.getUser_id() == null){
         user_id = new User();
         user_id.setUser_id( /* whatever the user_id String would be
that you need to set */ );
     }
}