tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Pierce T. Wetter III" <pie...@paceap.com>
Subject Re: Answering my own JEE6/Tapestry Question [LONG]
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 18:36:47 GMT

On May 6, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Sergey Didenko wrote:

> Hi Pierce,
>
> Could you share what you think of this approach now, 2 months later? Do you
> still think it makes sense to combine Tapestry and EJBs (application
> server)?

  Yep, I'm still using it. Simple searches, etc. are done using tynamo-jpa's injection of
an EntityManager. For edits, I spawn off a conversational thread that I'm calling the edit
tree, that has an EJB with a persistent entity manager. There's one gotcha I've found which
is that because I'm looking up the EJB instead of injecting it, after certain exceptions I
can end up with a dead reference to the EJB.

 Pierce