tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: offtopic: javaassist for injecting annotations?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:19:09 GMT
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 11:55:02 -0300, Jim O'Callaghan
<jc1000001@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Alfonso , Thiago, thanks for the feedback - those classes are precisely
> the ones I want to manipulate - it's page classes I'm trying to play
> around with - I'm hoping there is some public api mechanism for doing
> this without introducing another javaassist type library?

Some bytecode manipulation needs to be done anyway, and I think Tapestry
and Tapestry-IoC shouldn't implement it themselves. As described by
Howard, code relying in this new class transformation API will not be
dependent in Javassist or something similar, but Tapestry will still
depend on it internally. This new API is part of the not released yet 5.2
version. Of course, you can play with the snapshots. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor