tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: Documentation Request/Suggestion
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:46:30 GMT
Unfortunately, ASF procedures require every contribution to be made porpuseful and record of
purpose has to be kept. In practice that means that every contribution to the project, even

documentation, has to be made by someone who either signed a contributor license agreement
(CLA) or
(in case the contribution is small) an explicit license grant has to be made for the contribution

(when submitting JIRA patches for example, this is done by ticking the "grant license for

So a community-driven documentation effort is out of the question unless we come up with a
system or
procedure that complies with ASF rules.

On 24.03.2010 07:45, Peter Stavrinides wrote:
> We understand that Tapestry commiters are giving up their time to make Tapestry what
it is, and we are grateful, I think they too are aware of these issues and must have some
plans in the pipeline to rectify the problems.
> Nothing being suggested in this post is new, my question is where the bottleneck lies?
and how can we help? community driven docs (with or without changing existing docs) sounds
like the most sensible option to me as it would lift this burden from the commiters and get
more people activly involved in growing Tapestry.