tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Jäger <christoph.jae...@polleninfo.org>
Subject Tapestry i18n, Messages
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 23:18:19 GMT
Hi,

I use org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Messages to get the translated strings
for my web application from the property files for my pages. This
works great.

Now, I want to use the same mechanism in two different places in my
application:

1. A user can click a button to generate some graphic or Excel file
containing data. Some strings on the graphic (like title, ...) and in
the Excel file need to be translated, too. So in the code, which
creates the graphic or Excel file, I pass the
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Messages instance, which was injected into my
page to do the translations. This also works great. But: sometimes the
language used for the graphic or Excel file is different from the
language used on the web page. How can I make the Messages instance
switch the language, or request a new Messages instance from Tapestry,
with the language (Locale) needed for the graphic / Excel file?

2. The application runs some scheduler, which will create reminder
emails once every day. The emails are create from a template, which is
filled with some translated strings. Is there an easy way to ask
Tapestry for a Messages instance (with a given Locale, and based on
some class (to query the right .properties file) as if it were
injected into a page), in this background job, which just runs inside
a web application, but does not have any connection to an actual web
request?

Best Regards,

Christoph Jäger