tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reloading in 5.1
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:04:19 GMT
It's going to be a problem with your IDE, or maybe some latest
wierdness with Maven.  I use Tapestry under Mac OS X and IDEA, and
under Ubuntu and Eclipse, all the time with no issues about reloading.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Mario Rabe <mario.rabe@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I noticed tapestry5.1 doesn't reload anything anymore in an existing
> project. To check things out I created the tap5.1-quickstart-app and tested
> it with it. Same result! No changes are picked up. Not from classes and not
> from templates. I've tested it with Netbeans-IDE using tomcat and
> glassfishv3 as well as jetty:run.
> I've patched the Template-Loaders to output the path from which the template
> is loaded and it shows the correct path (not accidently packed them into an
> archive or the such).
> I even had an error in an template where i've forgotten to set a required
> property. The error-page shows the part of template where the error occured
> (indeed a pretty cool feature) and if I change the template in the place
> tapestry has loaded it, I get the absolutely same error-message but the part
> of the template updated as i changed it. I have to restart the app to have
> tapestry pickup the changes.

That is really odd; Tapestry does re-read the file to generate the
listing. That would indicate that file changed and Tapestry didn't
pick it up. The mostly likely reason for that is that the servlet
container is mis-reporting the file's update time stamp, which is how
Tapestry determines that files have changed and need to be reloaded.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship