tapestry-users mailing list archives

From manuel aldana <ald...@gmx.de>
Subject [grid-component] javascript style for ordering rows
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:45:12 GMT
I really like the grid component. Especially the built-in ordering
(clicking on column headers).

what I miss is that javascript is not used when ordering the tables, at
each click a complete HTTP request is fired. The data itself is not
changed so another server call wouldn't be necessary. I at least did not
find a javascript enable parameter.

If it is not supported yet, maybe this could be a nice improvement for
this component. For non-JS clients maybe there could even be a fallback
to standard HTTP request style.

Apart from that why was grid-component not desinged to use div-style
(vs. tables) for row layout? maybe due to browser compability
(especially older IEs)?

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de