tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [T5] 5.0.16 Spanish special characters
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 21:40:39 GMT
Em Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:58:39 -0300, Imants Firsts <imantsf@inbox.lv>
escreveu:

> Hi Ray!
>
> The properties files should be in ascii encoding and the unicode
> characters should be escaped with \u, for example "\u0161" for &scaron;
> character. JDK comes with native2ascii tool that does the conversion.

That's not correct anymore. Since some Tapestry version I don't recall,
the property files need to be UTF-8 encoded, so no conversion needs to be
done.

 From http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/localization.html:

"Properties File Charset

Tapestry uses the UTF-8 charset when reading the properties files in a
message catalog. This means that you don't have to use the Java
native2ascii tool."

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java