tapestry-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Borut BolĨina" <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [T5] Application Message Catalog not read
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:48:26 GMT
I just found out why the translation does not work. If all property files
are in ANSI (ISO-8859-1) encoding then everything works as advertised. If
default file, for example app.properties is in ANSI and the
app_sl_SI.properties is in utf8, then the localization breaks. If all
property files are in UTF-8 then I get [[missing key: key1]] if preffered
language is [sl].

I created both property files in Eclipse and then converted encodings in
Notepad++ with Format/Convert to ANSI/UTF-8. I verified the encodings in
Eclipse under Properties/Resource/Text file encoding.

Index.tml
<html xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">
    <head>
        <title>locale-not-working Start Page ${message:key1}</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h1>locale-not-working Start Page ${message:key2}</h1>

        <p> This is the start page for this application, a good place to
start your modifications.
            Just to prove this is live: </p>

        <p> The current time is: ${currentTime}. </p>


        <p>
            [<t:pagelink t:page="Index">refresh</t:pagelink>]
        </p>
    </body>
</html>


Index.properties
key1=value1
key2=value2

Index_sl_SI.properties
key1=value1-translated
key2=value2-translated


I will attach a test project to the jira issue. Using Tapestry 5.0.17.

Regards,
Borut

2008/12/10 SergeEby <sdeby@hotmail.com>

>
> Hi,
>
> I have a sample application supporting multiple languages which doesn't
> exhibit this behavior:
> http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-appfuse/
>
> You may have something else going on.
>
> /Serge
>
>
> bbcooper wrote:
> >
> > I found a bug. First entry in properties file is never used. I tried
> > reordering entries and the first entry never gets "translated". I used T
> > 5.0.15, 5.0.16 and 5.0.17. This applies not only for application wide
> > catalog but also for page catalogs.
> >
> > I am filing a bug report at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-409.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Borut
> >
> > 2008/12/4 Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Nothing there has changed; it's still based on the filter name.
> >>
> >> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Stephane Decleire
> >> <sdecleire@cariboo-networks.com> wrote:
> >> > Since 5.0.17, my localized messages are not read anymore from the
> >> > application message catalog.
> >> > My application message catalog is named backoffice.properties because
> >> my
> >> > filter in web.xml is called backoffice and this file is located in the
> >> > WEB-INF directory as explained in tapestry localization tutorial
> >> > (http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/localization.html).
> >> > I've change nothing since my last tapestry upgrade from
> 5.0.16-SNAPSHOT
> >> > and it was working.
> >> > Has something been modified regarding the application message catalog
> >> or
> >> > the localization process ? I can't find any change in the nightly
> >> > documentation ...
> >> >
> >> > Thanks in advance.
> >> >
> >> > Stephane
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >>
> >> Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tapestry.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tapestry.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/-T5--Application-Message-Catalog-not-read-tp20833984p20934027.html
> Sent from the Tapestry - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tapestry.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tapestry.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message