tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IoC registry survives between JUnit tests?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:23:27 GMT
I use a mix of techniques, using a lot of mocks for true unit tests,
but also a lot of integration tests.

I'm not sure what CEG has actually seen here; Registry.shutdown() is
very dramatic, it tears apart the registry (releasing almost
everything to the GC) and informs all of the proxies to shutdown as
well.  Could he just be missing the re-creation of the services in
later tests ... Registry startup is very, very fast once all the
underlying classes are instantiated.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Christian Edward Gruber
<christianedwardgruber@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, in general, you shouldn't be using the container in your tests, unless
> you're testing the wiring itself.  You should be creating the
> component/service under test, and constructing it with fakes.  This isn't
> absolute but there is a lot more effort/configuration/overhead if you want
> to use the container infrastructure in your unit test, and you start to have
> subtle interactions that might potentially make it more of an integration
> test.  You risk testing more than one thing at a time.
>
> Christian
>
> On 4-Dec-08, at 01:28 , Stephan Schwab wrote:
>

>> Hi!
>>
>> I have several JUnit tests that instantiate
>> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Registry via the RegistryBuilder before tests
>> run.
>> Now I'm observing that services registered in one test are still available
>> in other tests although I did call registry.shutdown(). My test runner
>> does
>> not fork a new JVM.
>>
>> Calling registry.shutdown() should cause everything to vanish. Is there
>> anything that causes one-registry-per-JVM?
>>
>> Stephan
>>

>> -----
>> --
>> http://www.caimito.net - Caimito One Team - Agile Collaboration and