tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Thilo Tanner <ttan...@astina.ch>
Subject [T5]: RESTful "File" Extensions (Multiple Templates per Page)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:38:30 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question concerning T5 and RESTful URLs:
We'd like to create RESTful URLs with virtual "file" extension like:

/articles/1.html
/articles/1.json
/articles/1.pdf

It would be perfect to have just one page class (e.g. pages/articles/
Edit.java) and several templates like:

articles/Edit.tml or articles/Edit.html.tml
articles/Edit.json.tml
articles/Edit.pdf.tml

and the possibility to define handlers for the different content
types, so for example if the user wants to load 1.pdf the template
Edit.pdf.tml gets executed (and creates for example a xsl-fo xml) and
before deliviering to the browser a handler takes the xml and convert
it with apache fop to PDF and streams the result to the browser.

Is something like this possible with Tapestry 5? I'm quiet new to T5
but if someone can give me a hint where to start, I appreciate to
write an extension and contribute it to the community.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,
Thilo