tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Ray <fortyco...@gmail.com>
Subject [T5] 5.0.16 Spanish special characters
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:31:52 GMT
Hi there,

I have a problem in parsing Spanish phrases with special chars. The original
message defined is something like:

DESCRIPTION=DescripciĆ³n

comes back as:

Descripti?n

from the Messages object. My file format is UTF-8 and my page has the
appropriate header defined.

Is there something completely obvious im missing here? Ive tried various
workrounds, such as defining the unicode escape chars for the special chars
which work for the web page. Problem then is in populating values in a
dropdown menu where all the unicode escape chars come back as their literal
string equivalents.

Cheers,

Ray.