tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Schwab <...@caimito.net>
Subject Re: IoC registry survives between JUnit tests?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:11:17 GMT

Christian Edward Gruber-2 wrote:

> FYI, in general, you shouldn't be using the container in your tests,
> unless you're testing the wiring itself.  You should be creating the
> component/service under test, and constructing it with fakes.  This
> isn't absolute but there is a lot more effort/configuration/overhead
> if you want to use the container infrastructure in your unit test, and
> you start to have subtle interactions that might potentially make it
> more of an integration test.  You risk testing more than one thing at
> a time.

It was about the wiring what I wanted to achieve. Not really a *unit* test.
The approach is a bit similar as to what the PageTester does. As background
info: I'm using Tapestry IoC outside of a Tapestry web application.

-----
--
http://www.caimito.net - Caimito One Team - Agile Collaboration and Planning
tool