tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: [T5] loading tapestry configuration from properties file?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:10:14 GMT
Russell Brown schrieb:
>> What 'it'? You mean symbol names?
>
> Well the 'it' was the class, or moreover the approach but that does result in specifically
the
> symbol names in this instance, so: Yes that it, or they.

Indeed. I think I could just load everything into a Map, thereby making it all lower case,
and call
toLowerCase() on valueForSymbol()'s argument during lookup. I'll see if I can find time to
do that
this evening.

>> Because That's the Way I Like It! :-) Seriously, I struggled with myself about this
and decided
>> that in my case it's better to have the application start up and fail later IF a
missing symbol
>> is requested.
>
> Fair enough then. I did it differently (since I'd like to know at start up if my app
is
> miss-configured), I guess the solution needs to fit the requirements.

But your approach is valid, too, and it seems that Howard is following the same path for Tapestry.
changed that in the wiki article so that all exceptions now get thrown as runtime exceptions.

Uli