tapestry-users mailing list archives

From buckofive <klecko...@yahoo.com>
Subject [T5] 5.0.7 - Help with log4j.properties file
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:34:33 GMT

Hi all,

I'm stuck at the moment trying to get log4j to log any 3rd party libraries.
It seems to work fine for classes within my web project(ie page classes
etc.) and if I set the root level to debug I get what looks like mostly  web
container statements.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a very basic version of my log4j.properties file:

[code]
log4j.rootCategory=WARN, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %c{1} %m%n

log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter=info
log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry=error
log4j.category.tapestry=error

log4j.category.com.jpa=error

# Service category names are the name of the defining module class
# and then the service id.
log4j.category.com.jpa.services.AppModule.TimingFilter=info

log4j.category.org.hibernate=debug

[/code]

Whats weird is these settings works fine in a non-tapestry application.  I
created my project with the tapestry 5.0.7 archetype and my file is located
in <project>\src\main\resources\log4j.properties.  Am I missing something or
doing something wrong?

thanks in advance,