tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Callender <geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some "state" related questions - need some advice
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 09:37:25 GMT
Hi Jan,

On the second question, the Web Flow examples in JumpStart should
give you some ideas.  The only thing it doesn't do is clear the state
at the end, but you could add that in.  If you do look at it I'd like
to hear your critique.

On the first question, when links become too long you can use
FormLinkRenderer which will transparently switch the submit to a POST
instead of a GET.  POSTs don;t have the length restriction.  It gets
used like this:

	<jwcid="@xxxLink"
renderer="jumpstart.web.commons.page.FormLinkRenderer"/>

It comes from Tapestry's contrib library but the version in JumpStart
adds a fix.

Cheers,

Geoff
http://files.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/