tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5 Annotations Question
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 07:12:06 GMT
Don't mistake the convenience of the annotations for an
annotations-only approach.

Tapestry can automatically build the necessary BeanModel (used by
BeanEditForm and Grid), or you can provide the BeanModel in code (say,
from a reusable service), or mix and match the two.

I'm not saying its perfect (yet :-), I'm just saying look a little deeper.

On 3/3/07, Tim Sawyer <list@calidris.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The new Tapestry 5 stuff relies heavily on annotations of the model, rather
> than XML files, and it looks good.
>
> However, our model is fixed and used for many applications for multiple
> customers - we therefore can't make application specific annotations in the
> model.
>
> Is there some way being considered for T5 to handle this situation?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.