tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BeanEditForm
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:39:52 GMT
On 3/2/07, Terry <terry@meta-concepts.com> wrote:

> Going forwards, is the plan to try and default the max length values of the
> input fields to the maxlength validation annotation on the model?

I'm thinking about how to handle this in the best way; it'll probably
end up being yet another annotation ... the trick is that when the
EJB3/Hibernate support comes it, there will be an annotation there to
be used, so I need to build something that can be tuned a bit.

> Is there a way to clear the form if it is set in the ApplicationState?

_myAso = null;
_form.clearErrors();

The ASO will be re-created (empty) and any tracked errors or input in
the Form will be discarded.

> Can you get hold of the IP address of the client through the request object
> somehow?

Not yet, but there's a but about that. Just get the HttpServletRequest
from the RequestGlobals service for now.

> Will I ever run out of stupid questions?
>
> ;)
>
> Terry
> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship