tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5 Injection of config properties
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:50:51 GMT
There's a couple of layers of indirection getting in your way.

You can see tapestry.ioc.ApplicationDefaults and
tapestry.ioc.FactoryDefaults.  Those are two (of three) built-in
contributions to the tapestry.ioc.SymbolSource service configuration.

To pull that type of configuration data, data that ends up as symbols,
out of an external file, you'll need to create an object or service
that implements SymbolProvider and contribute it into that
configuration.

On 3/1/07, Terry <terry@meta-concepts.com> wrote:

> I've been through all the IoC docs a couple of times now, but I haven't seen
> a simple way to inject config parameters from a configuration file into a
> service. Obviously I could just load a properties file from the classpath
> manually, but I'm sure there must be a more elegant way to do that within
> the IoC framework.
>
> All I want to do is have a set of deployment parameters for tweaking things
> like filepaths.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Terry
> --