tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Latest Tapestry 5 Screencast
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:48:33 GMT
For the moment, yes; you would obtain the bean model, and then remove
the properties you don't want to display.  I believe BeanEditForm and
Grid should both provide parmeters to make this easier (i.e.,
excludeProperties="trackId,genre" ).

D&J's BeanEditor component has excludeProperties and includeProperties
and eventually T5 will catch up.

Annotations are one of those very divisive areas; somepeople are
positively allergic to them, see them as the scourge.  I generally
find annotations pretty harmeless, so (where reasonable) adding a
@NonVisual annotation is not a big issue for me.  Sometimes, the bean
in question is out of your control, and you don't have the ability to
annotate it (or maybe a property is visible to some users and not to
others), and that's where you need a higher-level approach.

On 3/1/07, Massimo Lusetti <mlusetti@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This one shows off the new Grid component.
>
> Amazing work Howard i got just one question.
> you said one approach to mark a field as hidden is to use the
> NonVisual annotation but i don't like the idea of annotating my domain
> data objects so i guess i've to use the BeanModel facility, am i
> right?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Massimo