tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WARNING] T5 validation
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:45:25 GMT
You didn't supply a component id, so Tapestry did; your id is
"beaneditform" (matching the type of the component, converted to lower
case).

BeanEditForm is not a Form, but does own one; it includes a getForm()
accessor.  So:

@Component
private BeanEditForm _beanEditForm;  // Case just doesn't matter to Tapestry!

_beanEditForm.getForm().recordError(" . . . ");

On 3/1/07, Terry <terry@meta-concepts.com> wrote:

> That's what I thought, but when I tried it previously, I just got an
> exception:
>
> "Start does not contain an embedded component with id 'form'."
>
> If I look at the source of the page that is generated without the
> @Component, I see a form with id=form, so I don't know what is missing.
>
> My page design was lifted directly from the screencast:

>     <head>
>         <title>Start Page</title>
>     </head>
>         <h1>Registration</h1>
>         <form t:type="beaneditform" object="userform" submitLabel="Register"
> >
>                 <t:parameter name="password">
>                 <label t:type="Label" for="password"/>
>                 <input t:type="PasswordField" t:id="password" t:value="userform.password"
> size="8"/>
>                 (Between 4 and 8 characters)
>                 </t:parameter>
>                 <t:parameter name="confirmPassword">
>                 <label t:type="Label" for="confirmPassword"/>
>                 <input t:type="PasswordField" t:id="confirmPassword"
> t:value="userform.confirmPassword" size="8"/>
>                 </t:parameter>
>         </form>

>             [ refresh ]
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> >
> > @Component
> > private Form _form;
> >

> > This defines the type of the component with an id of "form" as being
> > an instance of the Form component. Further, you can access the form to
> > record errors into it.
> >

> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.