tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Beshai" <peter.bes...@gmail.com>
Subject T5 IOC - Pass string to module on load
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 20:36:53 GMT
I have a jar with a module in it, configured to be autoloaded (through
maven2 editing the manifest). One of my services in the module reads from a
properties file which is passed in by a string. Rather than hard-coding the
string into the service, I was hoping to be able to configure it externally.
That is, when I include this jar in my tapestry project, I want to be able
to configure the properties file it points to.

>From reading the docs, I'm not entirely sure on the best approach. Do I use
a contribution (it seems like you can only contribute unordered collections,
lists or maps -- not just single objects)?

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

--
Peter Beshai

Pure Mathematics/Computer Science Student
University of Waterloo