tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Moore, Andrew" <andrew.mo...@npower.com>
Subject Tapestry 4 dynamically changing the template
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:14:18 GMT
Hi,
I'm planning on writing a content management system in Tapestry.
The plan is that the users should be able to write and design their own html
pages, and then with a simple tapestry reference (with all the properties
set in a page specification) get all the dynamic content entered into their
html pages.

If there was only one template that everybody used this would be simple, but
as I want each user to be able to design their own template, I'm not sure if
this is possible.

As far as I am aware (and I'm a complete newbie to Tapestry) as the .html
files live inside the WEB-INF directory with the .page files there probably
isn't an easy way to do this.

Is there any way at run time of dynamically choosing the template (.html)
file that is used to generate the page?  - pulling a template name from a
database?

Cheers
Andrew

Across the UK, mobile phone chargers left plugged in waste over £60 million and are responsible
for a quarter of a million tonnes of CO2 every year.

Source:  Energy Saving Trust (2007)

This e-mail is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute investment
or transactional advice. For  the avoidance of doubt the contents of this email are subject
to contract and will not constitute a legally binding contract.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of
the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the addressee, you are hereby notified
that you have received this e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute,
use or take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster@npower.com (UK 01384 275454)
and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither Npower nor any of the other companies in the RWE Npower group from whom this e-mail
originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it
is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.
RWE Npower plc. Registered Office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5
6PB. Registered in England and Wales: number 3892782. This e-mail may be sent on behalf of
a member of the RWE Npower group of companies.