tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Subject Tapestry 4.1.1 Hidden field truncates characters
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:41:56 GMT
Hi all,

In my page I use a hidden field to store a name bound to  a string
property, this works fine most of the time, but I have an unusual
situation sometimes when I submit, and the value is a sequence of say
three characters ('ccc'), it gets truncated. Surely someone has had a
similar situation, have I missed something? might this have something to
do with the type casting mechanism in the framework for the 'Hidden'
component? As soon as I change the component to a TextField, magically
it no longer truncates...  I do use JavaScript to submit, but that
shouldn't make any difference, any ideas?

This is the basic outline:

function SubmitForm(){
    ....//some processing
    document.forms[0].pname.value =

<form jwcid="@Form" listener="listener:formSubmit" method="post">
    <input jwcid="pname@Hidden" value="ognl:portfolioName"/>

    <input id="CopiedPortfolio" type="text" value="">

    <input type="button" onclick="SubmitForm()" value="Create Portfolio">

I am forced to use this as a workaround:

    <input jwcid="pname@TextField" value="ognl:portfolioName"/>

Kind regards,

Peter Stavrinides
Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd
Tel: +357 22 750652

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and
do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html
for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.