tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haselbach <christian.haselb...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: [T4] Adding body of a sub-component w/o using a template
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 13:12:55 GMT
On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:29:04AM +0200, andyhot wrote:
> You can't dynamically change the component structure

Well, I do not really want to change it dynamically, so this is not the
problem.

> Now, i still can't understand your use case, so i can't offer any help there
> (what's the meaning of "influence its body w/o using a template"), but

Let me refrase this:
When using a template I can give a subcomponent a body. How can I do it
w/o using a template? I have a LinkSubmit subcomponent, which I want to
have render its content with a certain body. While I can define this
body using a template, the template looks ugly (in this case, not in
general). It is better understandable when written programmatically.

> perhaps you can build a custom component and pass parameters to it...

Sure, but that would be mostly a rewriting of LinkSubmit. I rather hoped
I could reuse LinkSubmit.

The use case is pretty simple: A specialized LinkSubmit component.

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Haselbach - christian.haselbach@tngtech.com - +49 176 2082 5804
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring