tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Luc Peerdeman <l...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: using Tapestry to send mails
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:06:51 GMT
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind with this type of problem is whether this
> email will ever be seen outside the context of a web request, will you
> have have to send the email via a batch process?  I ended up doing my
> email in velocity due to this requirement.

We had the same requirement but since our batch is being run from
crontab, we could get away with sending wget requests to our email page.

In a comparable way a Java client could send similar requests from a
batch process, and you would still be able to use Tapestry as a
templating engine.

Cheers, Luc.