tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Marcin Gałązka" <...@post.pl>
Subject Tapernate and DAO without interface
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:48:22 GMT
It's a bit Hivemind related question I suppose...

>From tapernate-example (hivemodule.xml):

<service-point id="MessageDao"
interface="com.carmanconsulting.tapernate.example.domain.dao.MessageDao">
    <invoke-factory>
        <construct
class="com.carmanconsulting.tapernate.example.domain.dao.impl.MessageDaoImp
l"/>
    </invoke-factory>
</service-point>

Is it possible to declare DAO without existing interface? E.g.

<service-point id="MessageDao"
interface="com.carmanconsulting.tapernate.example.domain.dao.MessageDaoImpl
">
    <invoke-factory>
        <construct
class="com.carmanconsulting.tapernate.example.domain.dao.impl.MessageDaoImp
l"/>
    </invoke-factory>
</service-point>

I remember that when I played with Hivemind some time ago, above construct
was valid (see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-hivemind-user/200601.mbox/%3CDE8AD15E3676F44DA22FE0ED7C179EE923D892@szh001.ch.sub%3E).
But when I've
tried this with Tapernate some cryptic Javassist exception was thrown:

javassist.CannotCompileException
by java.lang.VerifyError: class $$MessageDaoImpl_10d44e64953_10d44e64954
overrides final method .