tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Travis Romney" <trom...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing Tapestry Libraries
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:36:42 GMT
I have a fairly large application that I am maintaining right now.
I am running over 100 web apps on my server, and It can
cause some serious memory issues. With tapestry version 3.0.x
I was able to tweak the code by making some of the caches static
so that the component specifications and other resources could
be shared across web apps.
Then I would deploy the tapestry libraries as shared jar files.
This worked perfectly and SIGNIFICANTLY reduced memory usage!!!
Not only did it reduce memory issues, It also performed much more
efficiently, as it did not have to go through the process of parsing
page specs and component specs and class enhancements.
This process would often cause my server to lockup.

I am currently having the same issues with tapestry 4.0.
The code has changed dramatically since 3.0.x and I'm having
the same trouble I had with 3.0.x.  These web applications
are completely identical with the exception of pointing to a different
database.  It should be reasonable to share resources between
all of these web applications. My question is this:
Is there a simple procedure that I can use to share the tapestry jars
and tapestry resources (component specifications and page specifications)
across multiple web apps, or am I stuck with manipulating the code and
figuring
this out on my own? Also, does any one else have a similar problem?
I understand the need to keep resources separate, but for applications like
mine, this is completely unacceptable.

I am very interested in anybodys opinions and suggestions.