tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dyer <jd...@bluetarp.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry loading twice? [Solved]
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:30:14 GMT
disable-caching is set to true, so it's possible that is the reason for the
duplicate WARNings.  It seems kind of odd that hibernate isn't getting
initialized between those two warnings, since the page does have a DAO, but
perhaps that's because the DAO is not being used until the second pass.

As it turns out, it was my own fault that the HiveMind registry was being
reloaded (and hence hibernate getting initialized twice.)  I was using the
HiveMindRegistryPublishFilter (from hivetranse) to get the registry from an
ASO.  That requires the HiveMindFilter which (unknown to me when I coded it)
creates it's own instance of the registry....

So far, I still haven't found a 'good' solution for injecting Tapestry's
HiveMind registry into an object, but I've decided to go a different route
for now, so it's kind of a moot point.

Thanks for the feedback,
-Jason

On Friday 03 February 2006 07:06, Kent Tong wrote:
> Jason Dyer <jdyer <at> bluetarp.com> writes:
> > 09:21:11,991  WARN [] tapestry.page.ComponentTemplateLoader - Template
> > for component CustomerMain/$Border does not reference embedded
> > components: custNew, custEdit.
> > 09:21:33,360  WARN [] tapestry.page.ComponentTemplateLoader - Template
> > for component CustomerMain/$Border does not reference embedded
> > components: custNew, custEdit.
>
> There are 22 seconds in-between. Maybe disable-caching is set to true so
> on a second request the component is loaded again.
>
> > 09:21:34,198  INFO [] hivetranse.hibernate3.SessionFactoryBuilder -
> > initConfiguration
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration
>
> If you see this twice, probably the webapp has been reloaded (eg, due to
> a change to the java code) and thus the hivemind registry is initialized
> again.
>
> --
> Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

'They've given us the answers,' he [Carrot] said. 'Perhaps we can find out
what the questions should have been.'
(Feet of Clay)