tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Mazhar, Osman (Home Office)" <mazh...@lls.org>
Subject RE: passing parameters between pages
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:07:39 GMT
Ugh - you are absolutely right. Why would Firefox do something like this - I
have no idea.

Thanks for your time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Zeigler [mailto:robertz@scazdl.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:05 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: passing parameters between pages

What browser are you using?
If you're using firefox, then all new windows will share the same
sessionid, hence the same session.  Thus, it's not that the property is
being persisted among all sessions so much as all of your windows are
accessing the same session. If you actually go file->new window in IE,
it has the same behavior as firefox. If you start a separate instance of
IE (eg: start->IE) then you should get a separate session (although this
is /not/ true for firefox... doing start->firefox or whatever when you
already have firefox open will simply open a new window of the existing
application instance, rather than starting a new application instance)

Robert