tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Page Event Listeners on rewind
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:13:14 GMT
In order to run stateless for as long as possible, I am experimenting with
moving between pages by attaching to a new version of the next page in a
listener, setting an integer parameter (which is a database key) and then
returning from the listener with that new page as the return parameter.

Once I get inside the new page, I use a Page Validate Listener to pick up the
value of this "key" parameter and read information from the database.

However, this listener also seems to be called during a form rewind,  and at
this time, it appear the key value has not been loaded from where it occupied
a "@Hidden" field in the form.

I have searched through the docs, but I can't find out where it explains the
order of these events in respect of the rewinding form.

Can someone explain to me the relative order of Page events during rewinding,
and therefore how I should set up
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk