tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Meta data and HiveMind?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:09:44 GMT
In HiveMind, the <set> element (of <construct>, with BuilderFactory)
will do simple string->primitive conversions.

Alas, the <set-object> element does no conversion at all.

This is really a HiveMind bug ... it should see if the object result
is java.lang.String and to a simple conversion for it.

Tapestry has a much more involved data-type-conversion system in
place, used to convert properties of any type to any desired type (or
explain why it can't).  It's simple, but works.  I've heard of systems
that can forward- and back-chain conversions until it finds a way to
convert ... that's probably overkill for Tapestry.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry