tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Wynn <rw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Portlet in tapestry
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:20:45 GMT
The configuration changes between web and portlet application are not that
bad.  Get your web.xml and portlet.xml from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry-portlet/configuration.html

Then use View.html instead of Home.html as your start page.  If you want
to change this to use a name besides View you will need to incorporate
hivemind.
Create a hivemodule.xml according to the hivemind documentation and copy
it into WEB-INF.  Add the following

<contribution
configuration-id="tapestry.portlet.resolver.PageResolverRules">
  <match portlet-mode="view" page="MyStartPage"/>
</contribution>

The last thing that snagged me was that I had used the
tapestry-annotations jars in my WEB-INF/lib.  You only want this if you
are using annotations and of course your Portal Server is running on java
5.  Also make sure all the other tapestry jars including
tapestry-portlet.jar are in your WEB-INF/lib directory.

That is pretty much it.  The Tapestry 4 HelloWorld tutorial for web apps
at http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/QuickStart/helloworld.html should
then be adapted to the above rules, namely use View.html instead of
Home.html.  Once you have the configuraton set up tapestry works pretty
much the same as it always has.

I created my .page files in WEB-INF.  So I have a View.page in there.  As
mentioned before I also have a hivemodule.xml in that directory.

Ryan

Tomáš Drenčák <tomas.drencak@gmail.com>
09/01/2005 01:51 AM
Please respond to
"Tapestry users"

Tapestry users <tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Portlet in tapestry

Hi all,
I'd like to try tapestry portlet support, but there's too little
documentation or tutorials written on this topic (which I've
found...). Is there somewhere study case application or tutorial on
this topic? Or can you tell me basic steps to have a functional Hello
world portlet application?

Thanks
         Tomas