tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Meta data and HiveMind?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:42:21 GMT
Hi,

I've just created my first service and am trying to tie it in with
HiveMind.  I have a boolean property in this service for indicating
whether or not to run in debug mode.  In my app spec I have a meta
property called "debug" with a current value of "true".  In my
<invoke-factory block> I have a <set-object> that uses the value "app-
property:debug".  Anyway, the problem is that HiveMind is calling my
setter with a String argument rather than the boolean I'm expecting;
i.e., there's no type coercion.  Is there anyway to coerce the
types?  I'd really rather not have the setter accept strings or write
some mediator to convert the data types.  At that point, it hardly
seems like I've saved myself any effort or complexity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin