tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Hamilton" <CHamil...@celeres.ca>
Subject how to hook up components to share state
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:13:56 GMT
I have a QueryComponent, which is responsible for performing queries and
allowing the user to select the result they with to work with.  Also on
the page, I have a tab control, which has components which can perform
operations on the selected object from the QueryComponent.  How should I
hook it up such that the object which is selected within the
QueryComponent is known to the component within the selected tab?

I have figured out how to have a listener on the page which gets
notified when a new query is performed...but I haven't figured out how
to get the selected object back to the page, and then on to the other
components.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig