tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Manjith Kumar Adapa <manji...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject RE: overriding handleStaleSessionException
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 07:53:33 GMT
Hi,

Well I have seen the following solution.
This is good.
I have some doubts on this.
Well we are using Tapestry 4.0 and Hibernate 3.0 in my application.
If I implement this methodology does it work in my application and
Is it that BaseEngine takes care of the everything like handling the
BasePage implementation and able to run the application or do I need to call
The object of BaseEngine in my java which in turn extends BasePage to store
the data in session.

Please give ur comments on this.

Thanks,
Manjith Kumar Adapa.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Stroescu [mailto:andrei@ime.ro]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:08 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: overriding handleStaleSessionException

Ok!
I made what are you tell me to do but I don't realy know how to
implement this.
My java class extends BasePage already and implements PageRenderListener
I saw an example (VLIB) from tapestry 4 package but I didn't undersand
how it works.

I made class MyEngine.java

package app.web;

import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.tapestry.IRequestCycle;
import org.apache.tapestry.StaleSessionException;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageRenderListener;
import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;
import org.apache.tapestry.request.ResponseOutputStream;
import org.apache.tapestry.form.*;
import org.apache.tapestry.engine.BaseEngine;
import org.apache.tapestry.form.IPropertySelectionModel;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;

public class MyEngine extends BaseEngine
{
    private void handleStaleSessionException(StaleSessionException ex,
IRequestCycle cycle, ResponseOutputStream output) throws IOException,
ServletException
                 {
                 System.out.println("StaleSessionException!");
                 MeniuCautare search= (MeniuCautare)
cycle.getPage("MeniuCautare");
                 cycle.activate(search);
                 renderResponse(cycle, output);
              }

}

How should I implement this class in my application ?

Thank you