tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: Tapestry documentation?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:19:10 GMT
Radim Burget wrote:

> Hi,
> I am just reading book Enjoy Web Development With Tapestry where is
> example of textField component:
>
> <component id="weight" type="TextField">
>        <binding name="value" value="weight"/>
>        <binding name="translator" value="translator:number,pattern=#.#"/>
> </component>
>
> Could anyone help me where it is documented property "translator"?

Actually, it's missing from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry/ComponentReference/TextField.html
but you can see it in the source (of TextField.jwc)
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/tapestry/trunk/framework/src/java/org/apache/tapestry/form/TextField.jwc?view=markup

Still no documentation there, just
<parameter name="translator" default-value="translator:string"/>

Translators implement org.apache.tapestry.form.translator.Translator
(or extend org.apache.tapestry.form.translator.AbstractTranslator)
If you create your own, you have to declare them in hivemind using
tapestry.form.translator.Translators configuration point.