tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: Slow development cycle
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:47:08 GMT
Geoff Longman wrote:

>Jetty and JettyLauncher (http:jettylauncher.sf.net) (along with tap
>cache disabling and the reset service) for me on the desktop makes
>debugging a snap. We deploy into Tomcat in all other environments.

That's also the configuration i ended up with.
Jetty's startup time is a fraction of Tomcat's.

Additionally, it really pays off to have your templates fully
previewable as
html files. It allows you to do even faster html, css and even
javascript tweeking
completely outside of your servlet container.