tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Paul Ferraro <p...@columbia.edu>
Subject Re: Decimal rounding problems when working with currency.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:07:54 GMT
The NumberTranslator internally uses java.text.DecimalFormat to
parse/format numbers.  Unfortunately, DecimalFormat is only capable of
parsing/formatting numbers with at most double precision or smaller.
To work with BigDecimal (or BigInteger for that matter) you will need to
write your own Translator implementation.  Contribute your
implementation to the tapestry.form.translator.Translators configuration
point and you'll be able to leverage the translator binding prefix.

Paul