tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Johnston" <tapestry-us...@rjohnston.net>
Subject Re: Preventing multiple form submission within Tapestry
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:54:14 GMT
We're trying to prevent redirecting to a page that we don't want the user to go to.
Granted, they might learn after they get the exception page a couple of times and
stop doing multiple submissions, that just isn't a very user friendly way of handling
this issue.

What we need to do is find a way to stave off or queue up other page
renders (and ignore them) that might follow the initial call of one of the listener
methods we're trying to prevent multiple submissions of.  The synchronization
solution seems to be the best bet but will this prevent a rerender of the page if other
multiple submissions, which would we would return from, occur?  Flow synchronizer
looks to be really good but I like stated, redirecting to an exception page generally is
bad user friendly design.

Thanks!