tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <nirvd...@negativetwenty.net>
Subject Re: Tapestry in Action for 3.1 ?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 02:42:30 GMT

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Ramin wrote:

> I would.. if I knew if/when 3.1 was coming out..  but if 3.1 is
> totally different than 3.x, then i wont bother with the older book

Tapestry 3.1 isn't supposed to go gold until June or so I think, so
it's up to you if you want to wait that long.  I don't think it'll be
so radically different from 3.0 that it would render old knowledge
obsolete.  TIA does cover 3.0 specific things, but it's also a very
good text on the overall Tapestry concept.  Not having tried 3.1, it's
hard to say, but I'd imagine the time you take learning Tapestry 3.0
right now will be worthwhile for when 3.1 comes out.  If cost is a
concern, consider the ebook from Manning's site.

--
Kevin